This afternoon I went to my church, Christ Church Winchester, as the contemplative space opened for 3 days:
Great use of the ‘front garden’ space.
A chance to think at each point. Each of these red threads has the same activities upon it.
- Put aside concerns, worries, and the contents of your pockets
- Write in an envelope where you think you’re missing opportunities to reap the fruits of the spirit [I felt that God is carrying me through a particularly difficult time, but that I am still allowing ‘busy busy’ to get in the way!]
- Holly Leaves: Feel them, feel the minor pain, and think how the pain would have been for Jesus on the Cross
- Thin cloth/nails. Feel how thin the cloth is (Jesus skin), how heavy the nails are.
- Water, given to Jesus, and poured out of his body. Drink some for refreshment or splash some on.
An MP4 playing, that I can’t find online, which really had me thinking as the words ‘Breathe Breathe Breathe’ got more difficult for the auditor to play, and the screen played a heartbeat … ending in a single line.
A song, the words “Some work too hard; but work won’t get us far”….
There was also a prayer tree at the end, to put forward a prayer as a response to the session.
I was in there about 40 minutes.
Life Explorer, HE/learning, Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing (Manchester Metropolitan University), Christian, cultural history, WW2 posters: Keep Calm & Carry On, digital world, coach, ENFP, @digitalfprint, @ww2poster #digitalparenting