Keeping track of a number of stories relating to ‘Raising Children in a Digital Age‘ in the news:
Google: policing digital content for kids does not require legislation: Parents, filters and on-screen warnings, rather than legislation, should play the main role in protecting children from watching harmful content on internet-connected TV sets, according to Google.
- The five signs your child is addicted to their iPad – and how to give them a ‘digital detox’: Tablets and phones have replaced the TV as a way of pacifying children and keeping them entertained – recent figures, for example, have revealed that one in three toddlers use a gadget before they can even talk.
- Mobile technology to track missing children in SAARC nations: Using mobile and GPS technologies, a SAARCbody is trying to develop a digital system to track missing children at the regional level and combat cross-border trafficking.
- Kids’ still addicted to digital media but total ‘screen time’ decreased: Study: As kids are getting addicted to smartphones and other digital devices, a new study has revealed that their overall ‘screen time’ has reduced over the last two years.
- Pediatricians bat for checking kids’ media exposure: In the age of digital media, keeping a tab on your kids is equally important. Media plays a vital role in shaping your children’s future.
- Docs: Cut kids’ digital use: Doctors 2 parents: Limit kids’ tweeting, texting & keep smartphones, laptops out of bedrooms. #goodluckwiththat.