One of the best ways to keep yourself amused whilst dealing with cancer treatment is Netflix. People are always asking for recommendations, so, although I’ve just cancelled my membership for the next couple of months (no time!), here’s the stuff I’ve enjoyed!
- The Crown This was the series that led me to take up a temporary Netflix membership.
- Black Mirror This was the other series I wanted to see, though no episode beats ‘Be Right Back’
- Designated Survivor A bit daft, but enjoyable (and yes, based on a real process, if not real events)
- Once Upon a Time This got me through the majority of chemotherapy … some say there’s too many subthreads to follow, I didn’t try!
- Orphan Black One of my favourite things I’ve watched on Netflix, though not convinced by the ending.
- The Good Place Holy Fork, this is good! *I’ll do the 3rd season on catchup
- The Sinner Dark but good!
- Suits Quite Mad Men-ish, a bit too many ‘convenient’ break throughs, but enjoyable
- Seven Seconds Kept me intrigued throughout, quite heavy
- How to Get Away with Murder Pretty ridiculous, but worth watching for twists and turns
- 3% – Futuristic, in Portuguese so need enough focus on subtitles!
- Travellers – I enjoyed the first season, didn’t quite get into the second.
- Mad Men (well I saw them all on DVD beforehand!)
I haven’t finished
- Orange is the New Black A couple of seasons in so far
- Jack Whitehall Travels with My Father – enjoyable for tired days!
- Gilmore Girls Not got that far … yet
- Altered Carbon Now I’ve read the book, maybe I’ll manage to finish it
- 13 Reasons Why – quite heavy going, needs the right state of mind
- Stranger Things – Only 3 episodes in so far
- House of Cards– Only 6 episodes so far
- Greenleaf – 5 episodes in …
- Sisters – only 2 episodes in…
- Making a Murderer – a bit depressing, wasn’t in the right mood for this.
- The Circle (adaptation of Dave Eggers book re social networks)
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting Fairly lightweight comedy
- Wonder Lovely adaptation of the book
Others on my ‘to watch’ list: Maniac; Grace and Frankie; Black Lightning; Jessica Jones; Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt; Power; White Collar; Anne with an E; The Alienist; Safe; Sense8; Breaking Bad; The Staircase; Homeland; Mindhunter; Pretty Little Liars; Grimm; Lemony Snicket’s a Series of Unfortunate Events; The OA; TimeLess; The Night Shift; Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency; Fallen; The Rain; Hannah Gadsby Nanette; Girlboss; Monte Carlo; This is 40; The End of the F***ing World; The Fundamentals of Caring; Before I Fall; Bright; Gypsy; Beyond; Frequency; The Big Wedding; Ozark; Weeds; Dark Net; Looper; Minimalism; Forks Over Knives; Naked; Mute; Last Holiday; I’m in love with a church girl; Synchronicity; Everybody Loves Somebody; Unrest; Don’t Blame the Kid; End Game;
Life Explorer, HE/learning, Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing (Manchester Metropolitan University), Christian, cultural history, WW2 posters: Keep Calm & Carry On, digital world, coach, ENFP, @digitalfprint, @ww2poster #digitalparenting