I know that we are not expected to shout out about our “giving”, but as I support causes that I’m interested in, I’d like to raise awareness of them with other people. I support, or have supported the following causes:
I tend to sponsor friends who are doing events, but also regularly support the following:
- Church and Media Network
- Tear Fund
- The Bible Society
- The Trussell Trust
- Christians Against Poverty
- Christian Aid (via Seed Resources downloads)
- The Big Bible Project (over & above paid work)
- I was physically unable to do The Great South Run for the NSPCC, so am looking out for another challenge for them.
- Prison Tea Bar (8 x year)
- Syzergy Missions Support Network (Blog setup/training)
- The Big Sleep Out for Winchester Churches Nightshelter
- The Moonwalk for Breast Cancer research(2005)
- Tour Leading, Oak Hall
- I’ve done other sponsored events in the past, but try and restrict asking for sponsorship to every couple of years.