Initially, during an ‘app swap’ session at an educational tech conference (#pelc10), I couldn’t see the point of this app, but decided that it was only 59p, and my colleague seemed almost unable to use it for laughing.
What Can You Do With It?
Strictly speaking, there’s not a lot to this app.
- Carl will repeat everything you say (and any music you play if loud enough) with a high-pitched voice.
- Tickle him, he will laugh out loud.
- Poke him and he will shout and yell.
- Pinch him to hear him growling.
- Leave him alone, he’ll chatter back at you
What Do I Think?
Aside from the fact that it gives the biggest belch ever when opening (beware!), this app has had me in stitches several times over the past week (and it’s been a pretty tough week). The website describes it as ‘ideal for children of any age’, and I’ve never denied that I never want to fully grow up! Simple things please simple minds is what we always used to say, but really, life doesn’t have to be all serious!! I’m not going to say that this app does’t have a purpose/point, it does, and let’s enjoy it!
App Homepage: Talking Carl