Now, everyone knows about the alternate slogan “Now Panic and Freak Out”, but I don’t think I’ve ever put an image of it up here, this one is taken from Threadless.
I have always loved finding subverted images of the posters that I studied:
- The further that you go into Google Images, the more variations that you find!
- Flickr has a number of “Design Variations“
- “Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake” was also featured in the New York Times
- “Keep Calm and Spray On” perfume!
- Keep Calm and Carry On (with mice)
- Keep Calm and McLaren On
- Keep Calm and Customise
- Deviant Art
- Detroit Variation
- 12 months of ideas on a calendar
- DoobyBrain: Change Words and Be Hilarious
- Make your own!
- What Quebec Wants
- Dr Bex Lewis in the New York Times (now this is the closest I’ve come to seeing the print item – so far!)
- A blog entry by Crossed Wires.
- Whirled Peas: KCCO
- Choose a Shoe (but it’s not an RAF poster, it’s the Ministry of Information!)
- Cian Ó Laoghaire
- Leave Duff and Carry On (The Simpsons-esque)
- Slogan for a Parenting Blog!
- So many variations in colour too. I have the red one from Barter Books, but I have to say I love purple nearly as much, it’s tempting!
Who likes it/mentions it (according to Google Alerts!)?
I’m just fascinated to see how it’s been repurposed!
- Lose That Girl
- Leah from London
- Breizh from Morgantown, USA
- See in Technicolour
- PlusNet Community
- Meet the Hazards
- Music, Track No 6 on their MySpace (not sure it’s my taste, but interesting none-the-less)
- Interior Designer (anti-the-“fad”)
- Should the Swedes take on the phrase?
- Give Away Today
- Silvio Berlusconi?
- Parasol Party
- Rob Cherry, seen in a Beach Hut
- What(Ever) [highlighted some rude ones, just to warn you!]
- Lexie (mind the music!)
- BCreativeNot Crazy
- Helen Morgan
I have, like, over 100 Google Alerts come in – stopped at around 40ish, have other work to do today, but there’s so much information on this – SO interesting!