“In 2009 we saw exponential growth of social media. According to Nielsen Online, Twitter alone grew 1,382% year-over-year in February, registering a total of just more than 7 million unique visitors in the US for the month. Meanwhile, Facebook continued to outpace MySpace. So what could social media look like in 2010? In 2010, social media will get even more popular, more mobile, and more exclusive — at least, that’s my guess. What are the near-term trends we could see as soon as next year? In no particular order:”
- Social media begins to look less social
- Corporations look to scale
- Social business becomes serious play
- Your company will have a social media policy (and it might actually be enforced)
- Mobile becomes a social media lifeline
- Sharing no longer means e-mail
Read full article.