We have the sort of vacancy that doesn’t come up very often. You’ll know you’re THE ONE for this job when you read these points and get a spooky feeling that they were written about you:
- You like collecting lists of things to do (even though they might be given in an irritatingly haphazard manner) and organising them into do-able form, then making sure they get done on time. You might even be a fan of David Allen…
- You relish the thought of playing around with Facebook and calling it work
- Technical terms like SOAP, MySQL, XML and AJAX don’t phase you in the slightest. You might even have tinkered with some code
- You’re a contemplative sort, but you’re still passionate about getting to know people and figuring out what makes them tick
- Learning things energises you – you’re like a sponge for soaking up and assimilating new information. You’re able to retrieve it quickly while in the middle of something else
- Sometimes people tell you “Oh, thank you for doing that, I hadn’t even thought about asking you”
- Tactful and charming, you could even persuade a leopard to swap clothes with a zebra
- You could spot a missing detail from 50,000 feet.
We imagine, design and build exciting web stuff for international charities and big UK names. We run seminars and get invited to speak at conferences. We win awards for things that we build and get interviewed in the national and international press. Our work has even featured the Prime Minister.
We are open-minded about who our newest team member might be. You’ll need to be available in the next 4 weeks though; preferably sooner, because you’ll be spending a week learning hundreds of strange things about your new job, like why there is a gaffer-tape donkey hovering above our studio.
If you’d like to apply, please send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com listing two references by the 9th February 2010.
In your email, please explain what made you think that you’re THE ONE, and tell us what your favourite sort of biscuit is. You’re welcome to ask questions too.