I attended a BLS lunchtime seminar which gave an overview of Blended Learning activities ongoing in the Faculty.
- Complaints timeliness of return of feedback, ESP large cohorts
- Stannard 2007, Brick & Holmes 2008 – screencast more intrreresting & personal.
- Coursework & assessment – anti-plagiarism – groups of 2. 10 assessments. Diff qus – students not aware of that. Reflect on challenges with work/group working, how they reflect on their feedback.
- Online submission through Moodle. Marks using comment field
- CamStudio, Screentoaster, free, good quality. sendspace. Large files – ITS tried to compress but not good quality. Requires code to see data. Questionnaire on Moodle – save time.
- 1 week design coursework. Download & mark 2.5 week. Record 1.5 weeks. Lots of positive feedback, clearly defines what is missing from criteria.
- Survey – control qu – did u listen? Positive feedback – more personal – clarified more. Mostly prepared to wait for better material. Some don’t mind just audio, most want video, ideal 2-5 minutes.
Digiexplorer (not guru), Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing @ Manchester Metropolitan University. Interested in digital literacy and digital culture in the third sector (especially faith). Author of ‘Raising Children in a Digital Age’, regularly checks hashtag #DigitalParenting.