Do you want to use social media to interact with your community, but have no idea how to do it? This half day course will give you the confidence and skills to get started. You’ll have the opportunity to discuss some of the fears you may have about using social media, and study examples of church, charity, or education projects where these tools have been used successfully.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone who wants to learn about social media.
What you will learn:
- Why you need to be taking part in the online world of social media.
- How to conduct yourself online – the ethics and etiquette of social media.
- Who your audiences are, and how to build relationships with these groups.
- The opportunities offered by tools such as blogging, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Practical help for taking your first steps online – what you need to do next, and how to do it.
What preparation do I need to do?
- There is no official preparation is required for this session, although it may be helpful to put forward any particular questions that you may have early in the workshop.
A recent slidedeck from the course (3 hours):
Contact Dr Bex Lewis if you are interested in this course being run elsewhere.