Are you already using social media? This half day workshop will allow you to develop your social media strategy, by giving you time to think about what you want to achieve and information on the advanced features of each tool. This 3 hour session will include time to discuss your experience with social media with others in a small group context.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone with a working knowledge of social media, who wants to develop their use of these tools.
What will I learn in this session?
- Taking stock of what’s already going on in your organisation, its values and goals, and how social media can enhance and augment this.
- How to define your target audiences, and creating personas to better communicate with them.
- How to define your ‘call to action’, and apply this to what you do online.
- With guidance from the facilitator, discuss which (mix of) social media tools seem to be most appropriate.
- Specific advice as to the use of Twitter, Facebook (Groups/Pages), and blogging: understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each, and how these will affect when and how you use each of them.
- How to create a manageable and sustainable social media strategy, allowing time to do your other work.
What preparation do I need to do?
- There is no official preparation is required for this session, but delegates will need to have a working knowledge of social media (as can be gained through the workshop Social Media for the Scared).
A recent slidedeck from the course:
Contact Dr Bex Lewis if you are interested in this course being run elsewhere.