Some sites of interest re my recently commissioned book, and other digital literacy topics:
- How Teens Do Research in the Digital World (Pew Internet)
- Cell Phone Activities 2012 (Pew Internet)
- Thoughts about Methodist Social Media policies (which I often recommend to people)
- 10 Essential Things Parents Need to Know about Cyber-Bullying (PDF, uKnowKids)
- What Parents Need to Know About Facebook’s New Privacy Controls: “It’s critical for parents to understand — even if someone decides to hide something in their timeline, that photo might still be available somewhere on Facebook,” she says. “There’s a difference between what can be found on your timeline and what’s on Facebook.”
- E-book Reading Jumps; Print Book Reading Declines: The population of e-book readers is growing. In the past year, the number of those who read e-books increased from 16% of all Americans ages 16 and older to 23%. At the same time, the number of those who read printed books in the previous 12 months fell from 72% of the population ages 16 and older to 67%.