Keeping track of a number of stories relating to ‘Raising Children in a Digital Age‘ in the news:
- Why the digital era is a new golden age for our children: My children’s homework projects are far more interesting and informed than mine ever were. Before you can say Wikipedia, they’ve searched for maps, photographic archives and historical records. They’re critical thinkers – they already know that not everything they read online is true.
- Prolonged use of digital devices bad for kids: Prolonged use of handheld devices is causing spinal deformities in children as young as 10, it has been revealed.
(Also Radio New Zealand)
- DIY Digital Camera Aims To Make Kids Focus On Science: A new digital camera kit hopes to put photography in focus in the same way as Raspberry Pi has triggered interest in computers.
- Wandering the digital world unsupervised: Would you send your child out — on their own — to a place where you know sexual predators were set up and waiting to make friends with your child? Of course not!
- How young is too young for children to have smartphones?: CBS News released new research saying 25 percent of kids 2-years-old and younger have their own smartphones, which some parents say is used as a learning tool for their kids.