Do you know that you need to raise you academic profile; know that social media is freely available, but have no idea how to make use of it? This daylong course will give you the confidence and skills to get started.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Academic staff who want to learn about social media, and how it can improve their engagement online, potentially affecting the impact agenda.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You’ll have the opportunity to discuss topics including:
- How to get yourself a profile online, whilst managing your time strategically
- Maximise your chances of being picked up by the press, and identify whether your publications are being picked up using altmetrics.
- Understand the range of tools available to you, with the opportunity to look particularly at generic tools Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, YouTube and Pinterest, and academic tools such as Academia.edu
- Think about who you are, and who you are seeking to engage with – how to start developing relationships with useful contacts.
- Engage with ‘Open Educational Resources’, Copyright, and Creative Commons
- Contemplate how “technology enhanced learning” has changed the educational landscape.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT?
- The day follows a discussion-based format, with a range of exercises to encourage you to think about what you need to do. No computer required, with take home simple instructions that will have you sending you first Facebook status or Tweet in no time.