Do you want to use social media to interact with your community, but have no idea how to do it? This day course will give you the confidence and skills to get started. You’ll have the opportunity to discuss some of the fears you may have about using social media, understand the range of tools available, and study examples of church or charity projects where such tools have been used successfully.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Anyone who wants to learn about social media.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Why you need to be taking part in the digital world, particularly social media.
- How to conduct yourself online – the ethics and etiquette of social media.
- Who your audiences are, and how to build relationships with these groups.
- The opportunities offered by tools such as Twitter, Facebook, blogging, and YouTube.
- Practical help for taking your first steps online – what you need to do next, and how to do it.
- Some basic strategies to manage your online engagement.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT?
- The day follows a discussion-based format, with a range of exercises to encourage you to think about what you need to do No computer required, with take home simple instructions that will have you sending you first Facebook status or Tweet in no time.
Find future dates when I’m running this course in London for the Church of England, or contact me about coming to your Diocese or organisation. I can also adapt the material to work within a shorter timeframe. See what others have said about my work.