The following are my five top strengths:
- Has a great deal of stamina
- Works hard
- Takes great satisfaction from being busy and productive
- Driven to achieve
- MUST achieve something tangiable by the end of the day, needs to measure cumulative production.
- “Every day” includes weekends/holidays – feels driven to achieve
- Has to learn to live with the ‘whisper of discontent’ which accompanies the relentless need for achievement – it drives you, it gives you stamina for long hours, inspires you to start new challenges, keeps you moving.
- Likes recognition for past achievement and the setting of new goals.
- Fascinated by ideas, able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena
- An idea is a a new perspective on a familiar challenge, or a concept, which offers the best explanation of MOST events. It is delightful to find below a complex surface a simple explanation for WHY things are the way they are.
- The mind is always looking for connections, however obscure.
- Revels in taking the world we know, turning it around and viewing it from a strange or enlightening angle.
- Others label you as creative, original, conceptual or smart, you are particularly effective as a designer.
- All ideas are thrilling, for whatever reason. Need these ideas to be valued.
- Uses ideas already written within focus of the organisation to generate new insights and discoveries.
- Enjoys words – especially when they perfectly capture a concept/idea/pattern.
- Needs to understand how things fit togehter, and any exceptions pointed out.
- Thrives on learning and continual self-development, this keeps the motivation going – wants to continuously improve.
- The PROCESS of learning, rather than the outcome is exciting. Enjoys developing a growing confidence as skills are mastered.
- Engages in adult-learning experiences. Subject matter of interest depends upon other themes (listed here) and past experiences.
- Energised by the steady/deliberate journey from ignorance to competence.
- Learns by teaching others, through presentations, etc.
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment, where are asked to take on short project assignments and are expected to learn a lot about the subject matter in a short period of time, then move onto the next one. Generally not seeking to become an expert – the outcome is less significant than ‘getting there’.
- Good to work with someone who will push you to achieve more.
- Needs to have learning recognised through certificates, etc.
- Needs to celebrate milestones, which have been pre-identified.
- Needs to stay current in a fast-changing field.
- Can organise, but this organisation is accompanied by a flexibility.
- Likes to figure out how all the pieces/resources can be arranged for maxiumu productivity.
- Enjoys managing the variables – aligning/re-aligning until are sure has the best configuration possible. See this as nothing special, just the best way of getting things done. Is very resourceful.
- Effectively flexible – changes quickly for a better deal; mulling over the combination of people/resources to accomplish a project.
- Thrives with many things going on at the same time.
- At best in dynamic situations – the unexpected has you diving in, devising new options, looking for the path of least resistence because there MIGHT be a better way.
- Thrives on responsibility, like to make a good manager, seeing how the team works together, especially through trust & relationships.
- Loves the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. A good person to be the contact for the outside world, needs to refine a system for remembering names, etc.
- Derives satisfaction from breaking the ice, making a connection with the other.
- Strangers are not intimidating to you, you want to learn about them, ask questions, find common ground so can strike up a conversation/build a rapport.
- Rarely at a loss for words.
- Once the connection is made, are happy to wrap it up and move onto the next connection. Not so good at building close relationships, prefers to meet & move on.
- In the world, there are no strangers, only friends you haven’t met yet.
- A good person to build good will in your community.