Would you like to blog? This practical workshop gives a practical overview several of the free blogging platforms on offer, the chance to think about what the purpose of your blog should be, and an opportunity to define a strategy for your blog to make sure it meets your aims.
In this session delegates will gain a practical overview of WordPress software, one of the most popular blogging platforms. WordPress is fully functional and very simple to use at a basic level, but offers a huge range of advanced features to those who wish to use them.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone who wants to start to blog, or to improve their blog.
What you will learn:
- How to define the purpose and strategies for your blog.
- How to set up a WordPress account, and customise its settings.
- Create a blog post, including headings, text and images.
- The use of keywords, categories and tags.
- What WordPress’s more advanced features can offer you.
- Some strategies for blogging best practise, including timing, defining blog headings and encouraging others to engage.
What preparation do I need to do?
- If you don’t already have a WordPress.com account, please ensure that you have an email account that you can access away from your own computer.
- Please think before the session what you could blog about: a personal hobby is usually the easiest place to start, but church or community interests can also offer a strong pull, or blog about a specific event.